RoQuest® 4000 liquid coagulant is an organic polymer and ferric sulfate blend used to enhance the removal of a broad spectrum of inorganic particulate, organics, silt, and colloids in multimedia filters. This multicomponent polymer and iron salt coagulant is formulated specifically for membrane use, including applications of surface waters that are brackish or seawater in origin. RoQuest 4000 is injected into the feedstream of multimedia and sand filters to enhance filter performance by reducing turbidity and color to produce an improved filtrate that will reduce downstream reverse osmosis (RO) and nanofiltration (NF) membrane fouling.
Best results are achieved in raw waters with upper limits of turbidity and color (10 NTU and 10 units, respectively) or in feedwaters where organic polymers have been under or overdosed.
- Contains more than 8% soluble ferric ion and less than 0.2% ferrous ion.
- Filter-aid properties resist solids breakthrough in direct filter applications.
- Low dosage requirements and effective over a wide pH range.
- Capable of producing RO quality feedwater in multimedia and sand filters.
- Compatible with polyamide and cellulose acetate RO membranes and Avista antiscalants, including Vitec® 3000, 3025, 5000, 5100 and 7000.