RoQuest® FS liquid coagulant contains ferric sulfate and is designed for use as a flocculant in direct filtration applications. This coagulant enhances filter performance by removing colloids, silt and many organic molecules to produce an improved filtrate that will reduce downstream reverse osmosis (RO) and nanofiltration (NF) membrane fouling.
The inorganic salts in this product remove suspended material by adsorption entrapment, providing good results on waters with high amounts of organics. Typical applications include shallow surface waters where the addition of the polyelectrolyte enhancement is not allowed.
- Contains more than 12% soluble ferric ion.
- Approved for offshore use.
- Filter-aid properties resist solids breakthrough in direct filter applications.
- Low dosage requirements and effective over a wide pH range.
- Capable of producing RO quality feedwater in multimedia and sand filters.
- Compatible with polyamide and cellulose acetate RO membranes.
- Compatible with all Vitec® antiscalants.