In 2011, Avista® installed solar panels to take advantage of the Southern California sun and reduce the amount of grid electricity required to heat water for the operation for our Off-Site Cleaning and Restoration (OSCAR) system. Since the installation, we have heated 95% of water required to clean membranes with solar power.
We are committed to identifying and implementing continual improvements in environmental performance throughout the Company and for our customers.
Avista® Technologies seeks to promote and maintain an environmental policy that ensures the environmental impact of our operations is reduced to a level that is as low as we can reasonably and economically achieve.
Objectives for all policy matters affecting Health, Safety and the Environment include:
- Compliance with all statutory obligations concerning the environment and to review the application of the Policy in the light of changing legislation.
- Use processes that do not adversely affect the environment including developing and improving operations and processes to minimize waste, prevent air, water and other pollution, minimize health and safety risks and dispose of waste safely and responsibly.
- Seek to minimize or eliminate waste at the source and recycle or reuse materials when possible. Promote the more efficient use of energy within the Company.
- Ensure that all new products, developments, and processes are designed to minimize their impact on the environment.
- Require that all contractors working on our behalf understand this policy and comply to the best of their ability.
- Enhance awareness by including environmental issues in training programs and encouraging all employees and customers to participate in implementing good environmental practices.
- Maintain an effective system of auditing activities to ensure compliance with these objectives and develop targets for improved environmental performance.
Annual objectives and targets are set to control and manage the environmental impact on all operational activities – in particular energy consumption, water use and waste generation. Monitoring and reporting systems are in place along with initiatives to save energy and minimize waste volumes.