About Advisor™Ci Software Updates
Learn about installing AdvisorCi updates onto your computer.
- You will need have a registered copy of AdvisorCi to install software updates on your computer.
- All prior AdvisorCi files and registration information will not be impacted.
Why should I install the AdvisorCi update?
Avista® Technologies provides AdvisorCi updates periodically to improve performance and functionality. You should install the latest version of software for the best experience.
How do I know when an update is available?
- AdvisorCi software will automatically notify you when you open the software if an update is available.
- Internet connection is required to receive update notifications.
- When you open AdvisorCi, it will check for updates and display a box that states an update is available.
Are AdvisorCi software updates installed automatically?
AdvisorCi software updates are only installed when you open AdvisorCi and select to update it. If you select No to update now, you will be prompted to update each time you open the software until the update is installed.
How do I download and install a software update?
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
- Open AdvisorCi. A display box will appear in the center of the software screen.
- Select Yes.
- Your computer will open a browser and download the update if your browser is set to automatically run an installation. If it is not set to auto run, please select Run the update.
- The old version of Advisor will be replaced with the updated version.
- Confirm the default location for saved projects by accessing the home page and select User Data in the top navigation.
- Select change .adv file location and choose directory, select ok.
- Select submit to save changes.
- When trying to update you may receive the warning below, proceed by clicking Run anyway.
- Once you have downloaded the update the warning below may appear. Proceed by selecting More info.
- Once More info is selected, another window may appear seen below as a security feature. Select Run Anyway.
Last Modified: Jun 6, 2015